Babies & Toddlers
Baby Ellington: Finding Positive Books for African American Children and Parents!
It’s very cool to be a social media mom! On my facebook page, I recently made a connection with fellow mompreneur Sabrina Carter, the creator of Baby Ellington books series. With books like “My Hair is Curly” and “Please Don’t Yell at Me”, Sabrina and her husband have been working hard to provide children with resources that help them create a greater sense of self worth by empowering them through their books.
I particularly think the “Please Don’t Yell at Me” book is an interesting one for both children and us parents because GOD Knows they can sometimes do things to drive us crazy. However when parents yell at their kids, its hard to figure out who the kid is versus the parent. Learning how to stay calm, cool-headed, and react firmly but positively with our kids in bad situations is something all parents can work on, myself included.
As soon as I get some of these to read to Chris, I’ll share my review with you, but until then feel free to purchase them for yourself at http://babyellington.net, which was recently added to my online directory FindBlackProducts.com.
In the past few weeks I’ve written ALOT on the Black Parenting Blog about various multicultural and positive books/toys for Black Children. Here are some of the latest posts…
- Positive Images: Multicultural Books and Dvds for African American Children
- 3 Things I Love About Wii Sesame Street Games
- Toshiba Laptop for Kids: I love this!
- Chris Unboxing his Leapster Explorer + Leapfrog Games for Only $8
- Perfect Stocking Stuffer for Kids: Tinkerbell and the Great Fairy Rescue
- Can I tell you a story?
- How to Create a Disney Dvd Collection for Your Kids Without Breaking the Bank
- Have your kids discovered the Alphabet Kids?
- Newbie Parents Want to Know: When do I call a Doctor for my Infant or Toddler?
- Beauty and the Beast Like You’ve Never Seen It Before
More to come! Till then Download a sneak peak of the Color of Christmas: My African American Holiday Guide! -lh